Sunday, November 10, 2013

DCON & Supanova

It's been an exceptionally slow mail week, so I thought I'd share a few of the convention exclusives I just missed out on this weekend.
The Brisbane Supanova didn't have any toy exclusives from my knowledge, but after seeing numerous photos etc. It appears they've really improvements the overall 'appearance' of the convention. I wish I had gone. Additionally a few of my fave Brisbane artists had booths, would've been awesome to stop by, buy some of their things. Oh well, there's always next year.
DesignerCon on the other hand, is in Pasadena, just a "small" distance from me, so completely out of the question. This year they had an incredibly selection of exclusive toys, it was impossible to avoid information about them. My weekend ended with me being quite grumpy about it all.
Anyway, here's a few of the toys from DCON that I'm coveting.

Frank Kozik has produced some more mini Ludwig Van Beethoven busts. His released them in clear resin & orange resin so far. I'm absolutely desperate for these(particularly the orange version), but as is often the case with convention exclusives, I probably will never own them. Sad times.


Circus Posterus had some great artists associated with their DCON booth this year. Both Chris Ryniak & Amanda Louise Spayd designed minis for the occasion. They are, in my opinion, basically the cutest little toys ever. Thankfully, Amanda Louise Spayd will be making more Pipsqueaks, in more colours, in the near future. I look forward to acquiring one day.

Bugbite & Fuzzlethump by Chris Ryniak



Pipsqueak by Amanda Louise Spayd

Paulkaiju released a huge number of toys at DCON this year, seriously tempted by many of them. However, there is one that I seriously intend to hunt down. The blue 'Mr. Ree' release. The colours are incredibly vivid, I'm also a fan of toys with accessories & extra heads etc. This really is just a stunning a toy in my opinion.


Two more conventions over, two more I didn't attend(or couldn't attend). I intend to improve this situation next year. I shall hunt down all toy-focused conventions/exhibitions/markets etc. & attend them all. In theory anyway. Now to spend the next week or two, attempting to hunt down everything I want, that I couldn't get. I need to find myself a personal shopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment